Is your company looking for ways to improve the speed and efficiency and business processes? Looking for an intranet that can expedite projects and cater third-party collaboration?
Microsoft Office 365 is a popular choice among many enterprises who chose to improve and implement a new intranet system. Here are the top five reasons as to why they made the choice:
1. Cloud Based Access. If your business is comprised of employees who are working on-site and off-site, then Microsoft Office 365 is truly suitable for you. By choosing a suite that is cloud-based, all your employees need is an internet connection in order for them to start working and be productive. Users will be able to access Microsoft Office, Email, Skype and Sharepoint on any device (yes, including mobile!), anytime and anywhere they want. With a capability like this, employees will surely have a more productive output!
2. UI Familiarity and Easy Usage Transition. Have you heard of any other desktop software that is a close competition of Microsoft Office? In the recent years, no other software has came close into beating Microsoft Office in terms of functionality and popularity. It is widely used by many people around the world even in different hardware such as Google or Apple, and even for companies that are not utilizing local networks, Microsoft Office is still the popular choice. Switching to a new intranet is a big move especially if there are lots of employees who are going to be affected by it, but if you’re changing to Microsoft 365 and your company is already using Microsoft Office as a desktop software tool, then it will be an easy transition. This means that a company willing to invest in Microsoft 365 will see an earlier return of investment in terms of work efficiency and productivity of the employees and the even third party collaborators.
3. Complete and Versatile Platform. Microsoft 365 is integrated with SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and Skype making the usage of the platform easier in terms of tracking and linkage with files from other software. If your company is already using SharePoint, then this means that downtime is minimized when you integrate with Microsoft 365. This type of advantage increases efficiency and organized tracking of projects, Email or Skype conversations, and collaboration files. If you’re worried about storage, Microsoft OneDrive is available to sync and backup emails and documents; for every mailbox, 50 gigabytes of storage is provided. Lastly, by purchasing Microsoft 365, you’ll be able to get licenses for all applications across Microsoft Office - this will surely save you a lot of money.
4. Easy To Access Updates. Say goodbye to years of waiting for the next product release, if you switch with Microsoft Office 365 you’ll have quick access to bug fixes as soon as they are released. Having an instant update to fix any bug on a software you’re constantly using is a convenient feature, especially if the bug is experienced by multiple users and causes downtime or slows down the progress of a project or activity. Additionally, Microsoft is continuously improving their desktop applications, meaning you get access to their latest software as part of your subscription as soon as they are released.
5. Robust Security Features. An added advantage for using Microsoft 365 is the tight security equipped features which includes the following:
-Email and Document Encryption - ensures that only authorized users have access to such files
-Sensitive Data Loss Prevention - ensures that sensitive data such as bank account numbers, social security number and passwords is not sent out via email.
-Threat Analysis - constantly checks and provides alerts for any suspicious activity on the network to protect company data.
At Ridge IT, we have the capability and experience to take your organization to the next level. We understand how important eliminating downtime to your business is, that’s why we will work alongside your operation to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible. We can even do the work for your outside normal work hours. Get in touch with us today to discuss switching your emails and desktop applications to Microsoft 365. Find out more here or contact us to discuss your requirements further.